|Go around the Old City on foot|
In the Pingyao Old City, there is only one route of city-bus which runs a circle line around the old city. Here is the schedule of the city-bus:
|Running Hours||From November to April|
1. You can bargain for the price.
2. It would cost about 30 minutes for you to get to the thousands-year old Shuanglin Monastery (which is about 5 kilometers away from the Pingyao Old City) by bicycle.
3. If you would like to go around the City Wall of Pingyao by bicycle, it is only the bicycles rented on the wall that are available. Those rented in the hostel and in the Old City are not permitted to get on the wall.
By Battery Car
|Battery Car in Pingyao|
Pedicabs are available almost everywhere in Pingyao Old City. If you would not like to spend too much energy on walking but still prefer a leisurely wandering here, the pedicab may be not be a bad choice. Some details on the fare of the pedicab go as follows:
1. The minimal fare of the pedicab is CNY 2~5 per person per time for the first two kilometers (1.2 miles). Fare of the additional kilometers is decided through your bargaining;
2. The pedicab goes with the joint ticket of Pingyao Old City is charges CNY 25 per pedicab;
3. It charges CNY 10 for going around a single spot in the Old City and CNY 3 more for every additional spot;
4. The fare for rental a pedicab goes CNY 40 per day (for 8 hours);
|Visit the Old City by rickshaw|
6. To go to the Shuanglin Monastery by pedicab is also available. The fare of the whole trip is CNY 20 per pedicab.